A simple guide to laminate flooring
A Laminate floor is not a natural timber floor, it is a digitally reproduced photo of timber floor superimposed onto a core board with a tough surface which is resistant to stains and scratches. There are many kinds of laminate floors on the market and basically you get what you pay for, at the cheaper end of the market below 7mm thick, you may find that the core board is poor quality, it may absorb water and expand, and the surface may puncture easily.
At Woodstock, our boards are a minimum of 7mm thick and almost all of our Laminate flooring is imported from Europe. 3 – strip designs (i.e. 3 planks laid side by side on a board) are going out of fashion so our designs are all 2 strip (wider boards) which gives a more natural look as the width of the boards are similar to the width of conventional timber floorboards.
Advantages of a Laminate Floating Floor
- Easy installation – just click together - no glue required, boards can be replaced easily.
- Tough surface, resistant to damage from pets, childrens toys, high heels etc.
- Stain resistant, Fade resistant, Chemical resistant, cigarette burn resistant.
- Hygiene – No dust or mites can penetrate the surface, suitable for allergy sufferers.
- Kind on the environment, timber components are sourced from sustainable resources.
- Easy to clean, just use meths or orange oil in water using a semi dry mop.
- The floor can be removed and used again elsewhere if required.
- The fact that it is pre-finished means that there is no mess or fumes when being installed
- The floor can be walked on immediately it has been laid.
- Laminate floating floors can be laid over any level, dry, structurally sound sub floors such as Tiles, plywood and concrete slabs.
Brands StockedJoy Floors
We have a large range of laminate flooring in the JOY FLOORS range. These come in both the 12mm and 8mm range with over 10 colours to choose from. They also come in two different styles in the 12mm. We do the V-Groove boards and a Pillow Edge style that gives you a wide board look. Sample colours displayed below.Quick-Step
We have a Quick-Step stand from which you can select over 50 different styles of laminate which carry a 25 year guarantee from 8mm to 9.5mm.Titan
We also have the Titan range of laminates that comes in both 12mm (Titan Select) and the 8mm options. Some of these are on the showroom display floors.
We carry a full range of all accessories for the DIY enthiusiast, from door trims and edgings, to installation kits, Scotia and Laminated skirtings.
We carry 3 types and price ranges of underlay. 2 In 1 Underlay (Basic Foam Underlay with moisture barrier backing), Semi Acoustic (which is silver and contains a moisture barrier), and the top of the range is our unique heavy Acoustic underlay, which is very effective sound insulator with a built in moisture barrier (suitable for all types of floating floors).
Click on the swatches below to view a few of the colours available;